Below are the 3 most recent journal entries recorded in the "erniedwork" journal:
Upgraded Asterisk to version 1.8.5|
We put this off until the very last minute, due to something I can't remember (something about SCCP not working, I think). However, more pressing was the fact that Asterisk had deadlocked SIP 15 times today. And by deadlocked, I mean that Asterisk was running, but the chan_sip module was not. Asterisk could not restart itself as a result, but it could still process calls. Until people tried to re-connect that is (as their ATAs do about once an hour), and they couldn't.
The workaround was to kill Asterisk from the command line and restart, which of course, would kill any calls in progress. Since that was happening so frequently, the situation had become intolerable, and I was forced to upgrade. This problem has been apparently fixed in Asterisk 1.8.x.x, but I've heard that before, too. Hopefully the radical version difference really makes that true this time.
I used the procedure that I developed earlier, except this time I removed all modules from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and started afresh.
Added patch to chan_dahdi code to fix 'dahdi show channels'|
The following patch fixes an issue in chan_dahdi on the new voip server, so that when running 'dahdi show channels' in the console, you see both incoming and outgoing calls.
Setting up a2billing.|
I've only set up a test server so far, but this is what I did:
Install Trixbox 22.214.171.124 (uses Asterisk 1.4.14)
Log into the new box as root:
# cd /usr/src
# wget http://a2billing2asterisk.googlepages.com/a2script2309.sh
# chmod +x a2script239.sh
These exact versions are pretty important. Apparently Asterisk 1.4.16 is the latest version that doesn't have strange bugs. And the a2script above is the one that works with it.